Saturday, January 28, 2012

Machine Head - 1/22/12 in Chicago, IL


I've never been a huge fan of Machine Head, but I decided to check them out on their recent headline tour at the House of Blues in Chicago. I was in the mood for some live music and I was definitely impressed. I'm not very familiar with the Machine Head catalog, but I enjoy the highlights from The Blackening and some of their classic tunes. I bought Unto the Locust the day of the show and was only able to skim through it before heading out to the venue. The energy of the new album is perfectly balanced and this transferred very well to the live setting.


They played the majority of Unto the Locust and I left with a desire to spend some more time with the new album. The entire situation was great because I had the feeling of getting more into a band after seeing them live, which is exactly what should happen when you check out a show. This is an extremely honest and true metal band with a refreshingly raw live show.

No comments:

Post a Comment